Interested in Becoming a Preceptor?
The fundamental goal of the Experiential Program is to provide students with the structured environment that they need to develop their professional judgment, technical skills and practice skills.
Please complete the following steps to sign up as preceptor for the South Carolina College of Pharmacy:
- Complete the Preceptor Application and Rotation Availability form. You will also be prompted to upload your current CV/Resume and your rotation syllabus.
- Prepare your Rotation Syllabus. To assist you in this process, please visit the Syllabi folder to find a template for your rotation category. The document can be adapted to include objectives and rotation activities to fit your practice site. This document can be submitted via the Preceptor Application and Rotation Availability form or emailed to email@example.com.
- Establish an Affiliation Agreement if you are a new practice site for SCCP. Please complete the required fields of the SCCP Affiliation Agreement and print for signatures of the authorized individuals at your site. Then submit the signed agreement via fax (803.777.0581) or email. If your facility prefers to use a standard agreement, please send this template to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we have corporate agreements established with several nationwide chain pharmacies, so please check with our office if you have any questions.
- Review the SCCP Rotation Manuals to become familiar with our Experiential Program.
Already a Preceptor?
Complete the Preceptor Application and Rotation Availability form to make sure we have the most current information on record. You will also be prompted to upload your current CV/Resume and your rotation syllabus.
One of the most trusted professionals...
According to Gallup Polls, pharmacists have ranked at or near the top of the "most trusted professionals" list for more than 22 years. Why? Because people depend on their pharmacist, not only to dispense medications accurately and safely, but also to be an informed and caring health professional. Pharmacists educate patients, understand their needs, and forge relationships with patients and families that often last a lifetime. Students at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy receive outstanding classroom experiences from respected and accomplished faculty; and through rotations, our students receive hands-on, practical experience, have opportunities to hone their skills, and are introduced to a wide variety of career opportunities.
The Experiential Program provides approximately one-third of a student’s total pharmacy education, and is the backbone of the Doctor of Pharmacy program. Preceptors encourage critical thinking to solve problems and not only facilitate a student’s knowledge base, but also his or her ability to provide excellence in patient care. Participating as a Preceptor demonstrates commitment to the profession and its growth. Additionally, it impacts those individuals who will be the profession’s future practitioners and leaders.
We want you to ask "Is Precepting right for me?" because we believe the answer is "Yes!" Preceptors are educators and facilitate additional, critical student learning. By helping students bridge the gap between classroom and practice, students become more capable of using their knowledge to help patients achieve the best outcomes.
You provide valuable real-world experience to our students and we’ll provide you with the training and support to ensure your success. Please let us know how we can help you!
- SCCP Annual Preceptor Conference - 2014 Preceptor Conference Pics
- Pharmacist's Letter ~ Preceptor Training and Resource Network - If you do not have a CE ID# for PLPTRN or have a personal subscription to Pharmacist's Letter, you can request on by clicking on "I'm new to Pharmacist's Letter..."
- Preceptor-Entered Availability Instructions
- Uploading CV/ Syllabi to Evalue
- Adjunct Appointment Criteria - Application
- Application for Access to Online Libraries
- Invoice For P4 Rotations
- Advance Pharmacy Practice Experience
- Preceptor EValue Instructions
- Preceptor Instructions for Verifying Rotation Hours - 8-2013
- Preceptor Instructions to Access Student Evaluations of Preceptor-Site
- SCCP Affiliation Agreement Form
- MUSC NetID MedMentor Form