About Dr. Justo
Julie Ann Justo, PharmD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy in Columbia, South Carolina. She also maintains a practice site in infectious diseases at Palmetto Health Richland. Dr. Justo received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy in 2009. She completed a pharmacy practice residency (2009-2010) and an infectious diseases pharmacotherapy fellowship (2010-2013) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Pharmacy. She also received her Master of Science in Clinical and Translational Science from the UIC School of Public Health in 2013.
Dr. Justo is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist and an HIV Pharmacist through the American Academy of HIV Medicine. Her research areas include optimal dosing of antimicrobials, pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling, infectious outcomes in special populations, clinical impact of antimicrobial stewardship programs, multi-drug resistant Gram-negative infections, and HIV/AIDS. Her educational interests include infectious diseases and HIV pharmacotherapy, post-graduate pharmacy training, clinical and translational research methods, and novel teaching methodology. She is an active member of a multiple professional pharmacy organizations, including the Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
- Optimal dosing of antimicrobials
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling
- Infectious outcomes in special populations (e.g. obese, critically-ill)
- Clinical impact of antimicrobial stewardship programs
- Multi-drug resistant Gram-negative infections
- Novel teaching methodology (online learning, team-based learning)
- Justo J, Danziger LH, Gotfried MH. Efficacy of inhaled ciprofloxacin in the management of non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. Ther Adv Respir Dis 2013 Oct; 7(5): 272-287.
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2010
American Academy of HIV Pharmacist, 2012
Pharmacy Practice Residency
University of Illinois at Chicago, 2010
Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy Fellowship
University of Illinois at Chicago, 2013
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Infectious Diseases, Palmetto Health Richland